AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

around here







It is hot. Its almost too hot to concentrate. I have sweat beading on the back of my neck, my fan is turned up to eleven and all of the windows and doors are open in the hope of trying to catch anything that resembles a breeze. So far this summer I have been sun burned three times! So irresponsible, I know, but I swear the sun is feeling hotter than ever and it has completely caught me by surprise!

We have been enjoying frequent visits to the beach and meals outside on the patio with neighbours and friends. This is summer as I remember from my childhood. Napping during the day in front of the fan and playing outside even when the sun has gone down and the mozzies have come out. 2013 is off to a lazy and enjoyable start.

Today I finalised the details of my latest orders. Now I am ready to start cutting and despite the heat I am feeling pretty excited to get to work. I haven't touched my sewing machine for nearly a month!! So far this summer has been all about music festivals, barbecues, parties, friends, movies, pools, beaches, family and food. I am starting to feel desperate to tap back into my creative side and make some plans for this new year.

I am planning on shutting the etsy shop again for the next couple of weeks while I have my new internet connection installed. This will allow me to focus on finishing my current orders before I take on any new ones. I will be answering emails on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Hopefully by Friday this stack of fabric will look like a rack of half finished dresses!

Bec x

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the heat sounds unbearable. Luckily I was up in NT when the major heat wave hit Victoria, so only got to about 35 instead of 40 degrees. Wow, your wall cupboard of fabric is so very wonderful!

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been doing a bit of the same,but as soon as I hit the machine it was creative city! I'm certain you will be the same!
    Luckily in Victoria it's been a bit cooler for a few days.
    I wish my sewing room was as neat as yours! I'll work on that!
    I really enjoy your Blog keep up the good work!Cheers Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been super hot here, just north of Brisbane too. That mixed with the aroma of nearby bushfires has done nothing for my sew-jo at the moment! Hoping it cools down soon and that all these fires bugger off and stop threatening/taking homes :(
    I love your posts and never fail to gush over the vintage sheet goodness that you share in your images.
    Cass x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please please please come and tidy my linen cupboard lol Sounds like heaps of fun at your place :) Love Nerrine xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate information… Appreciate your sharing this one.
    A must read article!
    Here is my web-site - Purchase Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete